MrsGreenThumb

I am a lover of horticulture, gardening and the environment. At age 8, I sent away for a package of Zinnia seeds for 10 cents and I've been hooked ever since. After 25 years of being self-employed, I retired. That only lasted 4 years and I now work in a water conservation program: I buy grass from homeowners who are willing to convert to desert landscaping and lose that thirsty green stuff. I pursue what interests me and you can blame my sister for getting me into this blogging thing.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving in advance

I've been way too busy to blog this month. I'm feeling guilty. But I've been trying to keep up a bit with my friends. And getting ready for Thanksgiving. Yesterday I helped a friend all day, landscaping a house he's rehabbing. There is something about getting my hands in the dirt that I can't resist. I should have been cleaning house and shopping. What was I thinking? So my erstwhile blogging friends, I have a 5 day week-end coming up and will get back to business then. I will leave you with this thought.


5 Comments:

Blogger Franny said...

Happy Thanksgiving! BIG HUGS!

November 20, 2006 7:53 AM  
Blogger Big Dave T said...

I don't think my doctor would buy that fat excuse. But I'll try anything.

Happy Turkey Day to you and yours there too. Regarding NaNoMo, I'm trying to play catch-up right now as I'm not halfway to 50,000 words but better than halfway through the month. We'll have to see whether it's good enough to share. Right now, it needs LOTS of tweaking.

November 20, 2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Eat lots of delicious food, and try not to be too hard on your back.

November 21, 2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me in spite of the fact that my insane busyness has kept me away. I wanted to come by and wish you and yours A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING. This is the best non-Yom Tov-Yom Tov ... don't you think. In the 5 years I have been celebrating it, I have come to love it. Hope you get a chance to re-charge.

November 22, 2006 12:55 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Very cute cartoon...and I'm sticking to it.

November 25, 2006 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home