MrsGreenThumb

I am a lover of horticulture, gardening and the environment. At age 8, I sent away for a package of Zinnia seeds for 10 cents and I've been hooked ever since. After 25 years of being self-employed, I retired. That only lasted 4 years and I now work in a water conservation program: I buy grass from homeowners who are willing to convert to desert landscaping and lose that thirsty green stuff. I pursue what interests me and you can blame my sister for getting me into this blogging thing.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

More Bloggers needed

On the 5th anniversary of 9/11, I volunteered to write a tribute about Catherine A. Nardella, in memory, on the 5th anniversary of her death at the World Trade Center. This is a project started by Bloggers to honor the innocent victims of that awful day... They are trying to have each person honored by a blogger on their website.
You can sign up here.
http://www.jamulian.com/db911/

For more information about this project:
http://www.dcroe.com/2996/

There is information attached to the names of the 2996 people who died that day. You will be assigned a name at random. It will take a couple of hours to research the various links and write your tribute. Last time I checked, they still needed 1000 bloggers to sign up to write a tribute. I was blogger 1996.

I hope we never forgot this crime against so many innocent people. I want to honor the life of Catherine A. Nardella so her family will know she has not been forgotten.

If you are inclined, sign up today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Motherkitty said...

I am blogger 2,096 as of today.

August 20, 2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger Alipurr said...

I am blogger 3416. My post for Gregory Wachtler is on 9/9.

September 10, 2006 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home