MrsGreenThumb

I am a lover of horticulture, gardening and the environment. At age 8, I sent away for a package of Zinnia seeds for 10 cents and I've been hooked ever since. After 25 years of being self-employed, I retired. That only lasted 4 years and I now work in a water conservation program: I buy grass from homeowners who are willing to convert to desert landscaping and lose that thirsty green stuff. I pursue what interests me and you can blame my sister for getting me into this blogging thing.

Friday, April 14, 2006

More about Costa Rica-Part 3

POAS VOLCANO
One of our trips was to
Poas Volcano, it is in a national park. It has been dormant since 1991. The crater is over a mile wide and is usually covered in clouds, due to humidity and sulfur fumes. We arrived at a perfect break in the weather, in another 10 minutes, you couldn't see a thing. There were a lot of interesting plants and birds there. It was a good hike up to the observation platform and I have to admit to taking a break along the way. I wasn't successful at getting any bird pictures but we saw lots of little birds along the paths.



2 Comments:

Blogger Alipurr said...

I love the pictures of all the plants, foliage, and scenery that you took. You are amazing with a camera!

April 15, 2006 5:16 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That volcano might not be shooting lava & fire up in the air, but it sure doesn't look dormant to me. What are all those little puffs of smoke?

The pictures of all the little plants are so colorful and Alipur is right, you take great pictures.

April 15, 2006 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home