MrsGreenThumb

I am a lover of horticulture, gardening and the environment. At age 8, I sent away for a package of Zinnia seeds for 10 cents and I've been hooked ever since. After 25 years of being self-employed, I retired. That only lasted 4 years and I now work in a water conservation program: I buy grass from homeowners who are willing to convert to desert landscaping and lose that thirsty green stuff. I pursue what interests me and you can blame my sister for getting me into this blogging thing.

Monday, February 27, 2006


Desert marigolds

The Latin name for this plant is Baileya multiradiata, meaning many rays. It survives in our alkaline soil and is such a wonderful plant, this is growing my my front yard with many other native species.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home